Happy new year, Forest Gaters! I hope that those of you who could take a break had a happy and restful Christmas, and those who couldn’t were still able to soak up some festive spirit, and to see their family and loved ones.
I wanted to post very quickly today to remind you about a great event that is happening at the Gate library this coming Saturday. Called ‘Kick Start Saturday’ it’s a way of finding out more about what is going on locally, and finding ways to ‘kick start’ your year, and to back up those new year’s resolutions that we all make so fervently, but then begin to fade from our minds as the nights continue so dark and depressingly.
There will be masses of great stuff there, and opportunities to try activities out, and to sign up for some of the activities we have coming up.
– Join the community garden in helping to plant our new raised beds at The Gate
– People of all ages are encouraged to try their hand at knitting and if keen to join our Knit a Bit group starting the week after Kick Start Saturday
– Get creative and help Forest Gate Arts to design a mural for our children’s library
– Meet our special guest (ex apprentice candidate and food critic to give you a clue) who will be helping to officially launch our new coffee shop
– Learn about and sign up to our new life drawing class
– Join in some African dance and get those hips moving
– If you are +50 and want to develop your artistic talents then sign up to our new over 50s art class
– If you were inspired by Newham Heritage Week why not join East Side Heritage and learn about how to research your families past and develop your family tree plus sign up to a new ancestry course being run at The Gate
– Learn about the new 1000 days project being run by Newham NCT in partnership with the Forest Gate Community Neighbourhood team in which children up to the age of two years and their parents will develop themed art works, culminating in an exhibition in out child friendly coffee shop
– Learn about our new independent film club for adults running onchosen Saturday evenings until April
It should be a huge success and we hope to see lots of you there.